2011年3月6日星期日

Presentation Project

Presentation Project:
         I selected scenario one which is pitch an entrepreneurial idea to a venture capital company for my presentation project. My entrepreneurial idea is to create an online tutoring system. I grabbed audience’s attention in the first 30-60 seconds by listing out some pros about online tutoring system in across the UF.  I anticipated questions that audiences may have during my presentation; however, it is impossible to answer all the questions the audiences will ask. However, there is a logical flow and sequence of content. There were 3 units involved in the online tutoring system Registration Unit, Administration Unit, and Bookstore Unit.  I believed the audiences should get a better understanding of my concept and how the online tutoring works by fallowing the flows that I delivered.
            In order to ensure readability and avoid clutter, I created my presentation very simple and easy. I made the texts big enough to read; I provided the most important points and concepts in each slide; and I used harmonious color so there were more eye appealing affects. Avoiding clutter by using open space and I didn’t overcomplicate or use vague graphics. Instead of reading the entire presentation slides I said it and explained every concept in detail to enhance my presentation. The information I gave was concise and I think I got my opinion across pretty well.
            I watch other’s presentations and critiqued one of it; there were various ways to present a presentation, some people showed the facts at the beginning of the presentation while others played songs as an opening. Comparing my presentation to theirs, I figured out my presentation was lacking of some concise graphs. However, I pretty satisfied with what I’ve created. The one thing I have learned from critiquing other’s presentation is to make and learn best use of the advantages from others and to avoid and improve the disadvantages of you own.
            After completing the presentation and Web2.0 project, I learned some significant amount of new skills and knowledge of how to create a successful and meaningful presentation. I learned how to upload my presentation and share it online with everyone. I also learned that presentation self-critique is a great way to improve the overall quality of my own presentation. Obviously, PowerPoint is a useful tool in business field both now and future.  I would definitely apply the skills that I learned today in my future workstation. For example, if I will work at a company as a sale assistant. I will create a presentation in order to deliver a clear opinion and specific strategies to increase the sale. Overall, I really enjoyed the learning experience of this project.

没有评论:

发表评论