2011年3月25日星期五

Database project

This week’s project was to create an Access database to store information about the gym’s members. First of all, this was the most difficult project that I have never done so far in this class. I had no experience before; however, the tutorial videos help a lot. I was surprised that Access makes creating forms and tables very easy and helps convert a large amount of data into something more manageable. I learned how to create a specific database table, how to manipulate the query activity such as how to set up data order in descending, and how to get the data report. I learned much new knowledge in this week; I will be using Access in the future for my own benefit after learning it this semester.
One way I can enhance the functionality of this database
 would be to set up the system that is able to automatically
 delete the members’ data that are no longer part of the
 gym. Moreover, set up the system to send out thank
email quarterly. By doing this so, gym’s database would be
 very manageable, and it could be very helpful for gym’s
operating system.

没有评论:

发表评论